Newsletter 4 May
- Alexia will be on annual leave from Thursday, 5 May and will return back to work on Monday, 16 May. Rebecca will be rostered on while Alexia is away.
- The window cleaners will be on site at Hester Canterbury on Thursday 12 and Friday 13 May. More details overleaf.
- 10:00am Tuesday, 14 May
The monthly Residents’ Committee meeting will be held. If you have an issue you would like discussed at the meeting, please write it down and place in the Residents’ Committee mail box by Friday May 6 so the matter can be included in the Agenda for the meeting.
Hester Newsletter 4 May
- If you would like your internal apartment windows cleaned while the contractors are at Hester Canterbury, there is a signup sheet available at the reception desk. (The cost per apartment is $70.00 and the close off date will be the close of business Wednesday 11 May
- Hester Canterbury will not be staffed Friday May 6 If you have ordered dinner on this date please do not forget to collect your meal from the Hester Canterbury kitchen fridge after 4:30pm that day.
- Two residents are parishioners of Saint Dunstan’s Church at 163 Wattle Valley Road Camberwell. This church will be holding a fete on the morning of Saturday 7 of May and your support would be much appreciated.(From 10:00am to 2:00 pm).
- If you have a community announcement such as the one above you would like included the weekly Hester Canterbury newsletter, please see Alexia to organise it.
Week Four of the Autumn Menu starts on Monday 9 May.
Please place any orders by lunchtime the Thursday before.
Some Important Information Concerning The Upcoming Election on Saturday May 21 2022
Unfortunately this year due to the current COVID environment the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) is unable to provide face-to-face mobile polling services at Faversham House for the upcoming Federal Election.
All Hester Canterbury residents have the following four options:
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can register now to become a General Postal Voter. This means you will receive a postal vote once ballot papers are available from April 26 (applications close 18 May 2022).
- Residents can apply for a once-off postal vote (applications close 18 May 2022),
- Residents can visit a pre-poll voting centre,
- Residents can visit a polling place on election day (Saturday 21 May 2022).
The Australian Electoral Commission are encouraging voters to use the AEC online services wherever possible. Please see the links below-
www.aec.gov.au/voting/ways to vote/
General Postal Voter application
Postal Vote application (online form) https://www.aec.gov.au/pva
For all general enquiries you can contact the AEC Election Contact Centre on 132326.