Newsletter 30 June
- Wednesday, 30 June
Our Scarf Stall is set up in the dining area and will be there until Monday July 5. (Any visitors are also very welcome to purchase too).There will be a Cancer Council donation honesty box for all monies to be deposited in if a purchase is made.($5 cost per scarf). Any unsold scarves will be donated to a refuge for women in South Melbourne, so if you do not want your scarves donated please remove them by the end of the day Monday July 5.
Save the Dates
- Tuesday, 20 July
Morgan Glen Iris Luncheon
- Thursday, 29 July
Christmas in July Dinner
More details to come on both……
Hester Newsletter30 June
- As mentioned in last week’s newsletter our petition to Boroondara Council requesting the removal of the two parking spots from directly out the front of the property is available for signing. Please urge all visitors and service providers to also sign it – the more signatures we can gather hopefully the stronger our case will be. The petition is located on the reception desk.
- A list of the Tuesday evening films for the month of July has been distributed for you all. Much appreciation to John and Margaret for all their continual efforts to ensure there is a diverse and interesting choice of films each month.
- Please be aware that on Tuesday July 6 new residents will be moving into Apartment 2.04 in the west wing. Please be cautious using the lifts as they will be lined with protector curtains while furniture and other goods are being transported.
- The latest edition of the BASScare magazine for July/August 2021 will be distributed this week. It is full of events and activities to ensure that the BASScare community stays active, entertained and connected over the winter months.
Week Three of the Winter Menu starts on Monday 5 July.
Please place any orders by lunchtime the Thursday before.
The Boroondara Council has sent us notifications on the following:
Canterbury Sports Ground Pavilion Renewal
The above precinct is scheduled for renewal in 2021-22 and potential features may include –
- Additional change rooms,
- Improved multi-purpose space and storage,
- Umpires rooms,
- First aid room,
- Improved lighting around the facility,
- Public toilet facilities.
If you have any queries or require more information about this project, you can contact Michael Williams, Facility Development Officer at email@example.com
Canterbury Precinct Feasibility Works for Commuter Car Parks
In 2019 the Australian Government committed to delivering Commuter Car Parks across 30 sites in Melbourne to encourage greater use of public transport and alleviate parking pressures on the adjoining residential streets and congested major roads.
Within the City of Boroondara one of the nominated suburbs for a commuter car park is Canterbury.
This decision could affect us all and it is essential to be provided with all information as it is supplied, to this end please find attached to this week’s newsletter the first communication we have received from the Boroondara Council.
In the meantime, you can learn more about commuter car parks projects being undertaken in Boorondara at www.borondara.vic.gov.au/commuter-car-parks