Newsletter 25 August
There is only really one important date we all want to be notified of next –Thursday September 2. This is the date when hopefully our current COVID restrictions will be lifted (even slightly).
Until then the days can sometimes pass more slowly than we like….
To help pass some time and keep our minds and spirits bright, please find included with this week’s newsletter some puzzles and quizzes. Answers will be published in next week’s newsletter.
Hester Newsletter 25 August
The resident of Apt 1.11 is missing the book “No Friend But The Mountain” by Behrovz Boochani. If you have it could you please let the owner know that it is not lost.
- We all need a little fun, so to that end, time for a competition “Guess who I am”. Please give Alexia a photo of yourself as a child*, (with your name and apt written on the back), the photos will then be put on a whiteboard and we all have to guess who you are!
All photographs will be attached to a whiteboard with Bluetac and returned to you when the completion is finished. Join in the fun – there is a prize for the person who correctly guesses the most residents.
*A photo of you around the ages 3 to 12 years – baby photos are just TOO hard.
- If you have any maintenance requests please write your request on the maintenance request form (located in the pigeon hole opposite the apartment letter boxes. Then either drop the form into the office or place in the “Maintenance Letterbox” for Alexia to get the work actioned for you.
Please note some maintenance work may incur a cost depending on the scope of work required and if any parts or equipment are needed.
Week Four of the Winter Menu starts on Monday 30 August.
Please place any orders by lunchtime the Thursday before.
Something to lighten your day…
- I thought the dryer made my clothes shrink. Turns out it was the refrigerator.
- Just once I want a username and password prompt to say “close enough”.
- I won’t say I’m worn out, but I don’t go near the curb on rubbish day.
- People wonder if the glass is half empty or half full miss the point. The glass is refillable.
- Losing weight doesn’t seem to be working for me, so from now on I’m going to concentrate on getting taller.
- I don’t have grey hair. I have wisdom highlights.
- Sometimes it takes me all day to get nothing done.
- I thought growing old would take longer.
- Went to an antique show and people were bidding on me.
- I’m a multitasker. I can l listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.
- Camping: where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.
- I don’t trip, I do random gravity checks.
- “Dammit I’m mad” is “Dammit I’m mad” spelled backward.
- I’d grow my own food if only I could find bacon seeds.
Finally some food for thought…
The following was found in a French church
It is possible that on entering this church you may hear the Call of God.
On the other hand, it is not likely that he will contact you by phone.
Thank you for turning off your phone.
If you would like to talk to God, come in, choose a quiet place, and talk to him.
If you would like to see him, send him a text while driving.