Newsletter 20 October
- Thursday, October 21 at 11:59am
The current lockdown will end in Melbourne. Please see the Housekeeping Notices for more details.
- Wednesday, October 27 10:00am – 3:00pm IMPORTANT NOTICE
At the above time and date the water supply to Hester Canterbury will be shut off while Yarra Valley Water carries out improvement works in the area. Please make sure that you have enough water kept aside before the water cut off time. There will be bottled water available from the café area while the water is shut off. Please help yourself.
Hester Newsletter 20 October
Changes to Lockdown as of 11:59am 21 October 2021
Social and Recreational
- Reasons to leave home and curfew no longer in place.
- 10 people including dependents can visit your home per day.
- 15 people can gather outdoors, community sport training returns for minimum required to hold training.
- Pubs and clubs can open to 20 fully vaccinated people indoors and 50 outdoors. Entertainment venues can open to 50 fully vaccinated people outdoors.
- Funerals and weddings allowed for 20 fully vaccinated indoors, 50 fully vaccinated outdoors.
Hairdressing and Personal Care
- Open for up to 5 fully vaccinated people.
Please note masks must still be worn in all public areas (including Hester Canterbury.) All visitors must still ‘’QR” or sign in to the Visitors’ book on the reception desk every time.
- Please ensure all rubbish that is put in the rubbish chutes is bagged, in particular if pet refuse is being placed down the chutes it must be double bagged because at times it is breaking on impact in the basement and kitty litter is going everywhere.
- The King of Marmalade (Apt 2.08) is about to brew up a batch of marmalade and is very short of glass jars to store it in. If you have any glass jars that you could donate to this most worthy cause they would be gratefully received.
Week Three of the Winter Menu starts on Monday 25 October
Please place any orders by lunchtime the Thursday before.
Things that make our day a little brighter…
The relatives of one of our old residents was in contact this week to say how much his father enjoys the orange juice that two very thoughtful residents drop off at the nursing home their father now lives in. The family would like to let you know how much your kindness means to them all – thank you.