Newsletter 20 July
- The Hester Canterbury craft group will be meeting Monday, 25 July at 2:00pm. Please feel to bring down your latest project and join other crafty types in the private dining room.
- The balcony/courtyard grates cleaning will be taking place Tuesday, 26 July. The sign up form is available at the reception desk if you would like to have your grates cleaned.
- The lifts will be undergoing their regular scheduled maintenance check at Thursday, 21 July at 10:00am. The work will commence in the north wing, then the south wing, followed by the west wing.
- Thank you to the very thoughtful person who baked the delicious lemon cake last week and left it for all to enjoy with a Morning cuppa – it was delicious.
- You will be pleased to know that our pest control people were on site last week and have laid extra baits to rid us of the pesky rat visitors on the property.
- There is a one off electricity payment of $250.00 available for all Victorian households? (This is a one off payment to help ease cost of living and to encourage people to compare energy offers and save money). If you would like further information on this saving please look at the following website https://compare.energy.vic.gov.au/psb-faq
- It’s back…. Friday fish’ n ’chip night will be on again Friday, 29 July at 6:00pm.
There will be the usual offering of fried whiting or flathead and chips with tartare sauce. Due to the difficulty of sourcing fish, we have to give the fish monger our order by lunchtime Wednesday, 27 July.
- One of our residents has very thoughtfully offered a top of the range shower chair for all residents to avail themselves of when needed on a short term basis. If in future you would like to borrow the chair please contact Alexia as it will be stored in the basement storeroom.
- A lot of rain has been predicted for the week, so please be very careful when transgressing the decking on the courtyard as it can be slippery when wet.
- If anyone has a jigsaw of around 100/200 pieces that they wouldn’t mind lending to Val who is currently in Faversham House, please contact Alexia. It would be much appreciated and sure to brighten Val’s day.
Week Two of the Winter Menu starts on Monday 25 July..
Please place any orders by lunchtime the Thursday before.
Did you know…
July 20th is National Moon Day, and commemorates the day man first walked on the moon in 1969.NASA reported the moon landing as being “…the single greatest technological achievement of all time”. Apollo 11 carried the first humans to the moon. Six hours after landing on the moon, American Neil Armstrong stepped onto the lunar surface, Buzz Aldrin followed next. In the command module, a third astronaut waited. Pilot, Michael Collins, remained alone in orbit until Armstrong and Aldrin returned.