Newsletter 19 August
Please note the Victorian Government has recently confirmed that the current State of Disaster will stay in place at least till Sunday 13 September 2020 as will all current restrictions.
Due to some late entries, voting on our in house Limerick competition will be extended until the morning of Monday 24 of August 2020.
The winner/s will be announced in next week’s newsletter.
If you have any old spectacles and sunglasses you no longer want, Alexia has found an optometrist locally who is re-cycling the frames for charity. Please drop them off in the container on the reception desk.
To avoid any potential hard surface COVID-19 cross contamination occurring, any meals received from the kitchen will now be served on paper plates (that are microwavable) and delivered to your apartment with a complimentary smile thrown in on a paper tray. Please discard the paper tray in the recycling chute when you have finished with it.
In case of potential cross contamination these trays cannot be re-cycled.
Answers to last week’s quiz :
- The one sport no one knows who is winning until the contest ends
- North American landmark constantly moving backwards
(Niagara Falls – the rim is worn down about 2 ½ feet each year
because of the millions of gallons of water rushing over it )
- The 2 vegetables that can reproduce on their own for several seasons
(Asparagus and Rhubarb).
- The fruit with its seeds outside
- How the pear gets inside the brandy bottle
(The bottle is placed over the pear bud when it is small and wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe they are then snipped off at the stems)
- Three English words beginning with dw
(dwarf, dwell and dwindle)
- Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar
(Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation pint, quotation mark, brackets, braces parenthesis and ellipses) T
- The only vegetable never sold frozen, canned, processed or cooked
- Six things or more you can wear on your feet beginning with “s” (Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts)
Week One of the Winter Menu starts on Monday 24 August.
Please place any orders by lunchtime the Thursday before.
Download 19 August Newsletter here:
Hester Newsletter 19 August