Newsletter 18 March
Now is an excellent time to check out Hester Canterbury’s new DVD library, make a selection and be entertained at home….
Important Update COVID-19
In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, BASScare has implemented preventative measures to ensure as much as is possible, the wellbeing of all our residents and clients.
Other than Meals on Wheels, all BASScare services
have been suspended until further notice.
With Faversham House now officially in “lock down”, Hester Canterbury residents will not be permitted to visit Faversham House nor will services usually offered be available to Hester Canterbury residents until further notice.
Meals will, however, continue to be available to Hester Canterbury residents. Please remember that all orders must be placed by the Thursday prior to the week they are required.
It is strongly recommended that all residents comply with the guidelines on the following page.
While these measures may appear severe, they have been put in place for the protection of the Hester Canterbury Community.
If followed may reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
Your cooperation is sincerely appreciated.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Hester Canterbury
It was agreed at a Hester Canterbury Residents’ Committee meeting held on Wednesday 18th March 2020 that the following measures would be implemented within the Hester Canterbury Community :
- Hester residents will not be able to enter Faversham and access any services there.
- No more than 10 people to congregate and socialize in public area; please remain at least 2 metres apart.
The following services have been suspended until further notice
-The coffee machine,
-Morning teas and monthly dinners,
-The Cinema, Bridge games, handicraft afternoons, jigsaw puzzles and excursions.
Visitors on Site
-Whenever possible visitors should be limited to family and close friends.
-Please ensure all visitors comply with the following
- All visitors are to use the hand sanitizer in the air-lock prior to entry.
- All visitors sign in and out of the guest book.
- Guests should NOT linger in any public area.
- If any visitors or service providers present symptoms of the illness it is ESSENTIAL that Hester Canterbury management is informed immediately.
Please be advised that until further notices all the following events have been suspended:
- Blue Lotus Gardens Excursion Monday 23rd March
- Hester Canterbury Residents’ Forum Wednesday 25th March
- Emergency Procedures Safety Talk Wednesday 1st of April
- All future Hester Canterbury Monthly Dinners