Newsletter 18 August
- Thursday, 26 August 7.00pm Christmas in August Dinner
Cancelled due to the current COVID restrictions; just think how much we will enjoy it when we can all finally spend time together…
- Monday, 30 August to Monday 13 September 2021
“Wise Walker, Wise Traveller” Join BASScare at the Canterbury Centre for a free 3 week mobility education programme tailed to seniors. The course will cover various challenges for
seniors and aims to raise awareness of other transport options. There are 3 x 2 hourly sessions, please phone 98804709 to register or if you have any further questions.
(May be postponed until further notice due to COVID restrictions).
Hester Newsletter 18 August
- COVID Restriction Update
A gentle reminder concerning the Victorian Government’s current COVID restrictions.You must wear a facemask every time you are in public, in other words as soon as you leave your apartment your mask must be on and worn properly, that is covering your nose and mouth. Although everyone is missing the company of others, people are not permitted to gather in groups for coffee in any of the public areas.
- The scarves that were left from our Cancer Council fund raiser have been donated to a refuge and they were very well received; a big thank you for your generosity and thoughtfulness.
- If you order evening meals please do not forget to return the cleaned crockery to the Hester Canterbury kitchen regularly, thank you for your co-operation.
- In case you hear unusual noises of a Tuesday morning, just to let you know the collection of co-mingled waste is now on a Tuesday and no longer on Friday.
Week Three of the Winter Menu starts on Monday 23 August.
Please place any orders by lunchtime the Thursday before.
If Lockdown is making you “ratty” try the quiz below, the answer to every clue starts with the letter “R”.
The answers to the questions below will seem easy, the challenge is to answer them all with in two minutes – time yourself and see how you go….
- To repair a broken object
- Precipitation from the sky
- To move to a higher position
- Become healthy after an injury
- Able to see things as they are
- Used for drawing Santa’s sleigh
- Left when everything else is gone
- Not common or often seen
- Save from danger
- Say no to doing a task
- Reuse for a different purpose
- Not so long ago
- Not cooked
- Very fast
- Cause something to be less strained or stiff
- Something given in recognition of an achievement
- Due regard for feelings, wishes or rights of others
- Change the order of items back to what they were before
- A long strip of ground for planes to land on
- A device used for listening to news, music and more.
1 – repair, 2 – rain, 3 – raise, 4 – recover, 5 – realistic, 6 – reindeer, 7 – remain, 8 – rare, 9 – rescue,
10 – refuse, 11 – recycle, 12 – recently, 13 – raw, 14 – rapid, 15 – relax, 16 – reward, 17 – respect,
18 – reverse, 19 – runway, 20 – radio.