Newsletter 7 July
- Tuesday, 13 July
Residents’ Committee Meeting. If there is any matter you would like raised at the meeting, please put it in writing and place in the Residents’ Committee mailbox.
- Tuesday, 20 July
Morgan Glen Iris Tour and Luncheon. Please see more details in the housekeeping notices.
- Wednesday, 28 July
Hester Canterbury Annual General Meeting, located in the Main Lounge. If there are any matters you would like raised, please put it in writing and place in the Residents’ Committee mailbox.
- Thursday, 29 July
Christmas in July Dinner. More details to come in next week’s newsletter.
Hester Newsletter 7July
- Please remember as soon as you leave your apartment you MUST WEAR a facemask in all the public areas of Hester Canterbury
- Morgan Glen Iris Tour and Luncheon: All Hester Canterbury residents have been invited to a tour and luncheon at Morgan Glen Iris on Tuesday 20 July at 11.30 am.
Morgan Glen Iris is located at 14 Elizabeth Street, Glen Iris. Please be on site at 11.15am for an 11.30am tour.
It is strongly recommended that people car pool and there will be ample parking in the underground carpark (entry to the left of the building as you enter the property). The sign up sheet for this event is at the Hester Canterbury reception desk or RSVP as per the instructions detailed in the invitation.
Please note: There will be a strict cut off time and date for bookings, no further bookings will be accepted after Thursday 15 July.
- Alexia will be on leave from Friday 9 July until Monday 19 July. While Alexia is away Rebecca will be filling in.
- With the easing of COVID restrictions in Victoria one of our residents was able to attend a luncheon to meet some of the Australian Ballet ensemble which no doubt would of been a wonderful and unique experience.
- Our weekly film nights are an entertainment and social occasion very well received by so many of our residents. Aside from our film committee who make such diverse and enjoyable film selections, we would also liek to express our appreciation to Allan who goes to so much effort to dress in theme or provide extra information concerning each film selected.
Week One of the Winter Menu starts on Monday 12 July.
Please place any orders by lunchtime the Thursday before.
Did you know on July 7 in history….
In 1928 sliced bread was sold for the first time by a bakery in Missouri using a machine invented by Otto Frederick Rohwedder. Described as the greatest step forward in the baking industry since bread was wrapped.
In 1932 Australian Cricket batsman supreme Don Bradman scores a double century during a Goodwill Tour in Montreal, Canada. When Sir Donald Bradman die son the 25 February 2001 he was given a state funeral.
In 1990 the First Three Tenors concert featuring Placido Domingo, Jose Carreras and Luciano Pavarotti at the Baths of Caracalla in Rome – the recording of this concert is a world’s best selling classical record.