Newsletter 23 June
- Tuesday, 22 June | Wednesday, 23 June | Thursday, 24 June
On the above 3 days (weather permitting) work will be carried out to complete the window cleaning started last week along with the cleaning and sealing of the paved area of the south side walkway. Once the sealant has been applied it will need 24 hours to dry properly and no areas will be able to be walked on during this time. Where possible the areas will be cordoned off so please take extra care while in the vicinity.
- Wednesday, 30 June
Scarf Stall – here’s to a fun morning of fashion. All money raised will go to the Cancer Council. Please see more details in the house keeping notices.
Hester Newsletter 23 June
- Hester Canterbury Scarf Day – Change of Date. As mentioned above, we have re-scheduled the scarf stall for 30 June. All scarves will be $5.00 and with the owner’s consent any leftover scarves will be donated to a refuge for women in South Melbourne. Please come along with any scarves you no longer want, pick up a replacement scarf (or 5) and help a cause that we are all grateful for.
- Due to unavoidable circumstances the week before it was impossible to distribute a hard copy of the weekly newsletter. Please know that the newsletter can be viewed weekly on the Hester Canterbury website. We appreciate your tolerance of this unforeseen hiccup and thank-you for your understanding.
- They are back….. The Thursday gym classes that is, starting tomorrow 24 June. Social distancing will apply.
- Please DO NOT place any used coffee pods in the recycling bin – unfortunately they ARE NOT RE-CYCLABLE.
- The current COVID-19 restrictions prohibit any dinners currently being held at Hester Canterbury; while the Morgan Glen Iris Luncheon has been postponed for the same reason it will be re-scheduled for a later date as restrictions ease. Fingers crossed we will all be able to look forward to our Christmas In July celebration being held Thursday 29 July instead.
- The lifts at Hester Canterbury will be undergoing their regular scheduled maintenance Monday 28 or Tuesday 29 June. As each lift is being worked on, it will be out of commission for approximately half an hour. Work will commence on the North wing, followed by the South and then West wings. We are hoping this essential work will cause minimum disturbance to all residents and your understanding is appreciated.
Week Three of the Autumn Menu starts on Monday 28 June.
Please place any orders by lunchtime the Thursday before.
Petition to Remove the Two Parking Bays Directly Out the Front of the Property
The Hester Canterbury Residents’ Committee believes it warrants petitioning the Boroondara Council to remove the two parking bays that are directly out the front of the property. (In the past this request has been made to the Council with no success).If these two bays were altered to become a “No Parking” zone , this would result in far better visibility for all drivers entering and exiting Hester Canterbury. It is thought that a petition that has been signed by all residents may bring more pressure to bear with the decision makers at council and to this end would you ALL please the petition located at the reception desk.By doing so and supporting this action Chatham Road should be safer for all.