- July Birthday Celebrations: Friday 12th July 10.30am
- Nominations for the Hester Residents’ Committee must be received by Wednesday 17th July 5.00pm
- Hester AGM: Wednesday 24th July 10.00am
- Christmas in July: Thursday 25th July 12noon for a 12.30pm start. Menu selections are on the following page. Please advise of your preference on the list provided at reception desk by Monday 22nd July.
- Upcoming Monthly Dinner Dates:
28th August, 25th September, 30th October & 27th November
- Christmas Luncheon: Friday 13th December
- On Thursday 18th July maintenance staff will be changing smoke detector batteries in all apartments. This work may continue over to Friday 19th . Hester staff will provide access to any apartment if no one is home. (Please note all smoke detectors are hardwired, and the battery is a backup in case of an electrical failure. The batteries being installed will have a 10 year life before needing replacing).
- The nomination forms for the annual election for the Residents’ Committee were distributed earlier this week. Please place your completed forms in the marked postal box at reception. All forms must be received by the COB Wednesday 17th of July.
- Any agenda items for the AGM are to be forwarded to one/any of the committee members no later than COB Wednesday 17th July
- If you are in possession of one of the following wine cellars, please contact Alexia: #11, #12, #21, #23, #24, #26, # 28, #29, # 33. If no one claims any of the above cellars, they will be re-allocated.
- After putting vegetables etc into the compost bin please ensure the lid is properly closed.
Tuesday 16th July, 7.30pm
Goodbye Mr Chips (1939)
Director: Sam Wood Stars: Robert Donat, Greer Garson, Terry Kilburn
A golden oldie. The original screen version of the film in which Mr Chips, an aged teacher and former headmaster, recalls his career and personal life over the decades.
Xmas in July
25th July 2019 at 12.30pm in the Dining Room
Entrée Choice of:
- Salmon OR
Both selections served with Crème Fraiche
Ham and Turkey served with gravy, cranberry sauce and seasonal vegetables including roast potatoes
Dessert Choice of:
- Plum Pudding served with cream/ice cream/custard OR
- Pavlova served with Berry Coulis